Monday, July 27, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait

Mom came over to the house this morning and did me a big favor by hanging out with William while I got a few things done around the house. It was very nice to have him occupied for a little while so I wasn't trying to do my thing and keep up with him at the same time.

After lunch she needed to go sign papers on her new car and asked William and I to go with her. I didn't see a problem with that. I figured it would take an hour tops. We sat in the car dealership for nearly 4 hours waiting for them to get her car ready for her to take.

I thought this was a ridiculous amount of time. I was late getting home to get Ben up and get dinner made. I was one hot momma! However,William handled all of this very well, and was for the most part very well behaved. I was very proud of him. The evil part of me was wishing I'd let him climb all over the corvette in the show room.

So in the end, Ben got an extra 30 minutes of sleep, Mom got a new car, and William got brownie points for not completely losing it during 4 hours of waiting.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Sounds like a pretty good Monday.
Linda

~the ten of us~ said...

completely successful!!!
glad to see ya back, missed ya, everything always looks better when you talk about the good stuff.
william is great stuff, so lets see some pictures of how the little guy is growing!!!

MJS said...

I'd love to show you pictures but I left my camera with my MIL. I'll have it back in a couple of weeks and I promise pictures.