Sunday, July 26, 2009

Attitude Adjustment

Well, I've decided it's time to get back to posting about something good. I won't say every day, but most days. Since I have quit doing this blog, I have gotten in the habit of dwelling on negative things and being stuck in a cycle of self-pity. Well, depending on the situation, I'm usually not very tolerant of self-pity in others, so it's time to quit putting up with it from myself.

Today, while a challenging day in the realm of parenting, had it's definite ups. About 6 o'clock this evening I got a bug in my backside and decided that there is WAY too much stuff in this house. By 9 o'clock had two huge boxes and six giant bags of my belongings gathered up and ready to be taken to Goodwill in the morning.

While I am in no way done purging this house of things that are not benefiting this family, I at least got a start, including, I hope, some of my current funk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Mary. It's great to hear from you.
Lisa