Monday, March 23, 2009

Antibiotics

Yep, William has his first ever Rx for antibiotics. I'm thinking the kid got to 2 and a half before needing them, I think that's pretty awesome. So, I'll give them to him with out complaint. Not that he'll take them with out complaint.

William was still running fever when we got up this morning so I called the pediatricians office for an appointment. Got in at 11:30. Dr. Marsh (whom my mother was encouraging William to call Dr. Marshmallow, thanks Mom.) looked at him and listened to him and said he has an ear infection for sure in his left ear, maybe a little bit of one in his right ear and bronchitis. He said it probably started out as a virus and since the virus didn't clear, the infections set in. All that told me was, "Way to go Mom! Should have kept him home from the party."

Anyway, what's done is done except that I have to call the doctors office back in the morning. I picked up his medicine to put it in the fridge and was going to shake it, well, I didn't put the lid all the way back on and my mom's kitchen got splattered with Augmentin. So, I get to have them call in a new Rx and dish out another $25 to fix my screw up.

Here's the good news in all of this. My co-worker took all of my kindergarteners for me because I was gone with William to the doc. I came back and taught my 4th grade class, then my 5th grade class didn't come because they had a special guest today. Then. . .I was done . . . for the day . . . at 1:45. Not a bad way to get back in the swing of things after spring break.

Now, at 9:15 I'm gonna go crawl under the covers and watch Twilight for the 3rd time. I'm a dork. I know.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope tomorrow is a good day for all you guys.
Linda

~the ten of us~ said...

Don't know what it is about the 2 yr olds this year. Everyone I know with a 2 yr old is having a time fitting some type of illness. Each time we have had it this past yr, Billy is the first.

Praying for no more viruses and a healthy week!!

Anonymous said...

Hope William is feeling better this week!
Lisa

Stubbed My Toe said...

Another $25? Glad you didn't tell me last night when I called. Looking forward to seeing you and sicky when I get up this afternoon.