Sunday, March 22, 2009

Things I still wonder and the one thing I've learned.

How is it that my kid has been sick for three days and I'm exhausted from him being up and down all night for three nights, but he is bouncing off the wall and singing????


How is it that three hours ago he was shaking with fever and just a lethargic little lump and now he's his wonderful self again? (not that I'm not thrilled that he's feeling better.)


How is it that he hasn't eaten in three days and now he's sitting at the kitchen table finishing his 3rd jelly biscuit?

Do you use the same procedure to get red kool-aid puke stain out of fabric that you do regular red kool-aid stain or is there some special procedure???

Is there anything more gross than the sight of milk + red kool aid regurgitated on your couch?

How many times in a row can I watch "Finding Nemo" with out going insane? "42 Wallaby Way Sydney, 42 Wallaby Way Sydney, 42 Wallaby Way Sydney"

What was I thinking letting him go to my niece's birthday party yesterday? (We got maw-maw sick. Sorry, maw-maw.) (Possibly I was thinking that if we didn't both get out of the house one of us might kill the other.)

Is he actually getting better, or is he going to be sick again tomorrow?

Is this yet another "virus" or do I actually need to take him to the doctor?

And finally, the ONE thing I've learned . . .

There is a reason they tell you to give sick kids CLEAR fluids. It's not for their health, it's for ease of clean-up.

3 comments:

Jacqulyn said...

LOVE IT!!! You Said it all SO well!!

snarflemarfle said...

Yep...sounds like a tried and true mamma! X-man likes to watch Nemo when he doesn't feel well, too. And I'm really surprised he didn't want to watch it in the car to or from Abilene.

"just keep swimming, just keep swimming"

Stubbed My Toe said...

And why does he only throw up on me, and never you?