Monday, February 9, 2009

The Best Laid Plans. . .

Well my mystery illness turned out to be the flu after all. I got up yesterday morning and went to church and then went shopping with a girlfriend from work. I finally had to call shopping quits when I was so miserable I could hardly function.

My whole body hurt, fever, chills, the whole nine yards. So, I called in sick to work today and slept on the couch all most all day. And, while I'm feeling much better I think I may have screwed up by trying to do too much tonight. After mom dropped William off I've played with him and worked off and on at getting the house picked up and cleaned up before my MIL comes tomorrow night. Well, just as I put William in the bath tub at about 7:15 I started feeling bad again. Took my temp, back up to 99.

So, I've called it quits for the evening. I'll have to just send my apologies to my MIL for my less than clean house and I'll have to do my laundry to pack tomorrow night. I'm too scared to do anything else tonight for fear that I'll stir up the flu beast again.

I can't afford to do that because I've got to go to work tomorrow to get everything in order for my trip. So, wish me wellness. Lots, and lots, of wellness.

3 comments:

~the ten of us~ said...

Oh no, right before your big trip!! Will pray for a speedy recovery and a fun trip.

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better today and I hope you have a great trip.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have I taught you nothing?
Repeat after me: housework is over-rated.
Linda