Saturday, February 7, 2009

Bad Bad Blog Girl

Yeah, I know I definitely haven't been keeping up with my pledge to do a 365. I made it to about 75 and petered out. I don't know why, but I just haven't been in much of an internet mood lately. I haven't been keeping up with my forums or anything. I check my facebook and my e-mail and that's it.

I'm sure the mood will strike again at some point in time, this just isn't that time.

For now, I'll give you a brief state-of-the-family.

For all of you who know my mother-in-law, wish her luck. I'm leaving her in charge of my boys and my animal menagerie for 4 days this week. She's a really tough lady so I know she can handle it. I just hope at the end of it she still wants to come back and visit. We really enjoy it when William's grandmother and grandad come for a visit. Not only is the company great but the food is always awesome as well.

They came to see us earlier this week as a "pre-visit" for her stay this week. She brought all kinds of great food for dinner and then left me with a smoked turkey in my fridge, already cut up. We dove into that turkey today and, oh my, that is some seriously tasty turkey. I'm excited about having a turkey sandwich for lunch tomorrow.

I leave Wednesday AM to go to San Antonio for TMEA convention. I'm really excited for several reasons. One, 4 days in San Antonio. Two, three days off of work that don't come out of my leave balance. Three, getting to spend some time with good friends. Four, getting to spend my Christmas fundraiser money on some cool new stuff for my room. Five, margaritas. Yeah, that's right, I said margaritas.

Unfortunately, I think this day came with an illness for me. Sneezing, coughing, runny nose, achy body, but no fever so that's good. Goodness, I really hope I'm not getting the flu right before I leave.

William is pretty much a normal two year old boy. He is funny and sweet and I cherish every moment we have together. He's been a super good boy lately. Except for his obession with pouring out entire bottles of baby powder on the table in his room and then rubbing his hands all in it. We've had three of those incidences this week. That's alot of baby powder.

Ben is doing okay. He's constantly tired, but I think anyone who works 70 hours a week would be. He's busting his tail and making himself stand out above the rest at work which we're hoping will result in him being moved to days soon. William really misses him (as do I) and his being on days would really help with that.

I hope everyone is well. I'll try to blog more. When the mood strikes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better and have a great time in San Antonio this week! Don't hesitate to call us if you need anything!
Lisa

MJS said...

Thanks Lisa!