Sunday, February 22, 2009

A restful weekend. . . yeah right!

Who is this demon child and where did my sweet son go?
When I left work on Friday I was in a fabulous mood. My hubby was off Fri. night and Sat. night, we had plans to go over to a friends' house Sat. night, my house didn't need too much work, it was all looking great.

Then, something horrible happened to my child. He's been a total little stinker all weekend. Point-in-case, today, he picked up a full can of Diet Coke off of the end table, poured it all out in the floor, laughing while he watched it hit the floor. I picked him up and swatted him really good 5-6 times and he looked at me and laughed. I picked him up, put him on the couch and told him not to get up and he "rawr!" yelled at me. At this point, I was left wondering what in the world I was supposed to do next.

So, my restful weekend took a nose dive out the window. We did make it over to see our friends Saturday evening. Luckily, they have 3 children of their own, so my child's less than stellar behavior wasn't too much of a problem. We had a good time and everyone, including William, really enjoyed themselves.

Today, was marginally better. Today instead of him "rawr!" yelling at me like he was angry, when I got on to him, he screeched at the top of his lungs and started crying. His daddy did not approve of this behavior. He and daddy had quite a few "chats" after daddy got up today.

So, I called my mom earlier and warned her to get to bed early tonight because it didn't look like tomorrow would be restful in any way, shape, or form.

It really seems to me, that with my son, the "terrible twos" seem to come in spurts. He'll have 3 or 4 really bad days, and then all of a sudden, he's my really good kid again. I'm not real sure how to handle his big mood changes.

My MIL wants to take him for a few days this week, and while I'm all about this kiddo getting to see his grandparents, I'm wondering if I let her take him while he's in this kind of mood, will she ever want to take him again? So, Linda, you too might want to be sure and get your rest in before you head this way.

So, with all of that said. I'm going to breathe deeply 5 times, put the last couple of days behind me (except for the sweet hugs and the "Love you momma"s and the "Waddadoin momma?"s. I love those.) and hope that in the morning I get back the child that isn't voluntarily deaf when ever it suits him.

2 comments:

snarflemarfle said...

Doesn't that just make you crazy when they laugh at you while you're trying to dicipline them? I'm thinking that at my house at least, the three's are much more terrible than the two's. X-man has been a stinker lately, too, and has that selective deafness problem.

It will get better...at least that's what I keep telling myself!

~the ten of us~ said...

Let him go... for some reason they only give us that side. Grandparents get all the good side!! Since the children are older, I have asked them why that is and they wisely responded.... 'cause that let us do what we want' :o)

Thinking back I can remember how true that is ... good thing that some things never change.

You will get reports back on how awesome he was and you will wonder if he left the good attitude somewhere at their house when he gets home :o)