Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dream a little dream

Ever since Ben and I knew we wanted to get married, I've dreamed of having a new house. My house, that I bought before I ever met Ben, is, for lack of a better term, a turd. It's not only too small, it's poorly constructed and has been nothing but a project for Ben since well before he ever moved in.

As we've all heard a MILLION times on the news, foreclosures are up, home prices are down. This has prompted Ben and I to start, very tentatively looking at new homes knowing that it'll be about a year before we're financially in the right place to buy. Well, "seek, and ye shall find" right?

There is a great little subdivision, in an awesome location that has been slaughtered by foreclosures. We're talking 180-200 thousand dollar homes on the market for about $135,000. I want one of these houses so bad I could just scream. My fear is that a year from now, this little subdivision will be on the rebound and we won't be able to afford a house there anymore.

The next 12 months is going to be very long. Either that, or my luck in the lottery is going to really have to improve.

No comments: