Monday, January 12, 2009

SP Day 81

REAL SOCIAL OUTING! This is not something that happens very often and when it does, it's usually with my family. Not that there's anything wrong with hanging out with my family. We have a great time when my big ol' crazy family gets together. But, we often wonder what it would be like if we actually had friends that we went and did things with.

Well tonight, we met an old friend of Ben's and her husband for dinner. It was a great dinner. The 4 of us have lots in common and we had a great time! It was wonderful to get out and be with other people and talk and laugh and have fun. I think we're going to do it again very soon.

William was even very well behaved and actually ate his dinner.

All of this took place in Cleburne where we went to get Ben new insulated bib overalls for work. We got him those, plus a new work jacket. Then we went and got him some parts and supplies for work. After leaving there we went and got him some new boots for work. So, when he goes back to work tomorrow night he'll be all fitted out in new stuff and hopefully stay warm. Of course, I couldn't have him spending all that money and not spend any on me so I got a new coat too. My winter coat is off white colored so it stays dirty. I picked a brown one to wear every day and I'll save my off white one for church and stuff like that. I thought brown was very appropriate since I couldn't keep the other one clean.

Unfortunately, Ben has to go back to work tomorrow night. Bummer. I'm hoping he'll get some good rest tomorrow. With all of the time we've spent together the last couple of days I know he hasn't gotten much sleep. I think I'll knock him upside the head with a hammer as I walk out the door tomorrow so I know he'll sleep well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your outing to Big C.
Who did you guys meet for supper?
Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time!
Lisa