Sunday, January 25, 2009

SP Day 86

Do you ever wonder if little people understand a whole lot more than we give them credit for?

For example: Yesterday, my child, my sweet angel, was a holy terror! He drove me past the edge of my patience by ignoring me all day and doing what he darn well pleased. He got his rear end spanked more times than I can count by both myself and his daddy. I sadly admit that I completely lost my temper and found myself yelling at him. (Which wound up with me sitting on the couch in tears but that's beside the point right now.) I mean he really just pushed it and pushed it all day yesterday.

Today, though, I feel like crap. I mean I'm pretty darn sick with a head cold and I haven't felt like moving all day because every time I do the pressure in my head threatens to drive my to my knees in pain. The same child that just about put me in an institution yesterday was a perfect angel today. He was all "pleases" and "thank yous", all "yes mam's" and "no mam's". I didn't quite know what to think. He did as he was asked all day including eating at every meal. There were no fits or temper tantrums in this house today. I mean, I took this kid's baseball bat away because he kept hitting it on the coffee table and when I took it from his hands and put it on top of the book case he said "thank you momma".

So, the only conclusion that I can draw is that he loves me and he knew I felt bad and he did his best to make my day easy. That or he's just a two year old boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is not "just" a two year old boy. He is a wonderful two year old boy.
Linda

~the ten of us~ said...

That means you have done an awesome job... when the situation requires it, his dad and mom have made sure he knows what to do and when to do it. Good job!!!