Tuesday, December 30, 2008

SP Day 74

My beautiful niece, Lacreta, is getting married tomorrow. It's going to be a beautiful ceremony. Her colors are black and red. The church is decorated in beautiful red and gold ribbon, candles, Christmas trees, pine sprigs and pine cones. I am so excited for her and her fiancee, Brent.

My son's behavior at the rehearsal was acceptable (all though I could have used a couple of shots of tequila to calm me down because I was so anxious about his behavior). However, I have decided that Lacreta is insane trying to have 3 toddlers in her wedding. William is the oldest of these 3 children. He turned two in October. Kaden just turned two a couple of weeks ago and Makhala won't turn two until March. She's nuts. During the rehearsal Makhala kept running back and forth between the groomsmen and the bridesmaids. Willaim put his ringbearer's pillow down on the altar and laid down and put his head on it. Kaden was the best behaved child of the bunch. He just went over and stood nicely with his mom who is a bridesmaid.

I made the executive decision that William will not stand at the altar during the wedding. He's going to walk to the front then come sit with me. Then when the recessional starts I'll send him back up the aisle. It's going to be chaotic. I was just thankful that the wagon idea got nixed before rehearsal ever started. William so wouldn't have gone for that.

So, here's to wishing the bride and the groom all the best and hoping the little ones don't knock over any candles and burn the place down.

3 comments:

~the ten of us~ said...

3 toddlers in a wedding??!! Wow ... she is really brave or ....I just don't know??

Have fun tomorrow :o)

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking good thoughts for you! I'm sure it is going to go great and the wedding will be beautiful!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

We all know who the most adorable one there will be. I am looking forward to some pictures.
Best wishes to Lacreta and Brent.
Linda