Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SP Day 3

In the midst of our scheduling chaos one of the things we've begun to do is on nights when Ben works, if William has stayed at Mom's that day (which is most days) Ben meets me at Mom's so we can all have dinner together before Ben heads out to work. If we didn't do this, by the time I could pick up William and get home Ben would've already left for the evening.

Well, Ben has gotten off work late the last two mornings. Supposed to be done at 5:30. Yesterday morning it was 9am. This morning it was 8 am. So, needless to say, he's exhausted, and he's sick on top of it. (I know it sounds like I'm whining, but I promise I'm getting to the positive part.) He slept late today because if he didn't he would have been too tired to make it through the night tonight.

The good news is, that even though he slept late, he was still able to make it by Mom and Dad's to have some dinner, hug and kiss on William for a few minutes, and say "Hi" to me before he headed out to work. It wasn't a very long visit, but, it could have been no visit at all. So, I'm grateful for the few minutes we had.

As far as the rest of my day goes, I'm going to have to quote Scarlett O'Hara and just say "Tomorrow is another day."

No comments: