Friday, October 17, 2008

SP Day 6

My something positive today comes in the form of perspective. Sometimes, I get bogged down in my own personal muck and forget that, as bad as things may seem, it could always be worse.

I have a very dear friend and co-worker who is with out a doubt one of the most time-crunched, stressed, strung-out, busy, sleep-deprived person I know. This guy teaches PE at the school where I work. Quite well, I might add. He's also the youth minister at the Baptist church across the street from the school. (He's also quite good at this. The youth has doubled in size since he started.) On top of that he's married with three children and a fourth on the way.

He tries often to do great things for our kids at school and just gets met by one closed door after another. He met with another door being slammed shut in his face today. I was really sad for him. But, seeing him struggle today, helped me to realize that everyone has their humps that they must get over and that while my humps may not be easy to get over every day, others have humps just as big as and much bigger than mine. So, that, in it's self, is something to be grateful for.

No comments: