Sunday, November 2, 2008

SP Day 22

*Fair warning, if you're an anti-hunting type of person you may not want to read any further.*


Meat in the freezer!
Well, not yet. Ben shot a 78lb doe this weekend so, when my dad heads to Abilene next weekend he'll pick up our meat and we'll have meat in the freezer again. This is a good thing. I am down to two packages of ground meat in the freezer. My grocery budget depends on not having to purchase a lot of meat. So, I'm very excited. My dad also got a doe this weekend so he and mom will have venison in the freezer for the first time in a couple of years. Dad's been waiting on "the big one" but finally decided he was going to make mom happy and just get some meat.

The bad news is that Ben didn't get any sleep while he was there because it was opening day and there were lots of guys there. He's decided it's probably in his best interest to hunt during the week from now on so that he'll be the only one out there and able to sleep during the day. I hate that he'll miss out on the camaraderie but I'm glad he'll still get to go hunting because he loves it so much.

I'm hoping this week goes by quickly since Ben is off, oh my goodness, get this, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY! I'm looking forward to having some family time this weekend. Here's to hoping this week goes quickly and smoothly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken was out on opening day too. They saw a doe and a small 8 point but decided to wait for the 'big one' for now. haha Said it was really hot. Sounds like Ben had fun.
Lisa

~the ten of us~ said...

lots of meat in the freezer is a good thing!! although we have never had much access to deer and are not fond of it. will admit that is more then likely and mind thing. we still shop for the cow and chicken :o)