Friday, November 28, 2008

SP Day 47

What was I thinking?

Tell me again why I was out of bed at 3:30 this morning and getting my poor child up at 3:45?

Why in the WORLD was I at Wal-Mart at 4:15?

These are questions I always ask myself after the feeding frenzy of black Friday. But each and every year with a slightly nauseous stomach from eating too much the day before there I am out in front of some store just waiting for the little hand to be on the 5 and the big hand on the 12 so I can get my deals.

My goal this year was the $88 power wheels jeep at Wal-Mart. I did not procure said jeep. Instead I took a step back from the mass of people, that just 15 seconds before had seemed perfectly normal while I was standing with them huddled around a pallet with only 8 of these things. These people went berserk. It was the black Friday hysteria that you often hear about but believe it's just some exaggerated blown up tale. Oh, no, people, this was an all out mob. People were tackled, shoved, scratched, and stood yanking boxes from each others hands. My decision: my kid does NOT need a power wheels jeep that badly.

So, I went and found him and his maw-maw (my mother) they had found many smaller and much less dramatic deals and had a full basket while I came wheeling up with my empty one. We checked out and got the heck outta dodge. William fell asleep in the car during the 4 minute trip across the interstate to Target. I left him and maw-maw in the car while I hit Target and Kohls. There were many more of the advertised items at these stores with much less drama. I found almost everything I went after and was done with my black friday shopping (or as William said all morning "kim-us choppin") by 8:00am. Which is a good thing because that's when it started pouring down rain.

Later today maw-maw, William and I went to the vet in Millsap and procured a new kitty for William. "Kee-Kee" his former pet had to be put to sleep a week or so before because she had a huge tumor in her tummy. The very kind vet in Millsap also does spay and neuters at the animal shelter. He was there this week and found an acceptable replacement for "Kee-Kee" who has been named, by William, "Blackee". She's very pretty and already very attached to my Dad who pretends to be against any pets in his house but is secretly the worlds biggest softie.

It was a great, if somewhat crazy, day. William fell asleep in my lap at 6:30 this evening and didn't bat an eye while I changed him into his pj's. I'm not far behind him. The great news is I got 4 people marked off of my "kim-us choppin" list today. YEA!!!

No comments: