Monday, November 3, 2008

SP Day 23

Tonight I was giving William a bath and I noticed he has a bump on his head, a scrape on his arm, a scrape on his knee, and a cut on his leg. This is in addition to various other bumps and bruises. I was thinking, oh my gosh, this poor kid, he looks like he's been abused. But then, as I watched him splash, screech, play and generally have fun in the bathroom, I realized, every bump, bruise, and scab is a blessing.

First of all, they're a blessing because they're only bumps, bruises, and scrapes, and not something much worse.

Second of all, they are a sign that he is a healthy, happy little boy who gets to run and play. He has a dog and a cat to run and chase at moms. He has two dogs that love to chase him all over the back yard at home. He has three dogs and two or three cats at Julie's and TONS of toys to play with outside. He so loves to be outside, and he is blessed to be in places where he has lots of room to do that. Little accidents just happen when little guys run around outside. So, I came to the conclusion that those bumps and bruises are each a gift and I'll take them.

No comments: