Tuesday, November 25, 2008

SP Day 44

Tonight, there was great potential. We failed to reach our potential. This is disappointing.

So, I got us a baby sitter and we had great plans to go out just the two of us. I came home showered and dressed. Ben got up when I got out of the shower and got ready and we were out the door by 6. We had a few errands to run then we were off to dinner and what ever other wonderful things the evening might hold.

Well, we ended up getting pretty ticked off running one of our errands which kind of, as Ben put it, "took the bloom off the flower" for us. We were no longer really in the mood for an evening of fun and frolic. Then there were babysitter snafus so we had dinner, went and got our kid, and came home. By the time we got here, Ben's tummy was not feeling well which kind of kibosh-ed any real exciting plans we might have had for the remainder of our evening at home. Overall, not the evening we had in mind.

So, I gave up, am currently enjoying an adult beverage and have plans for flannel pjs and winnie-the-pooh house shoes in my VERY near future.

Here though is the silver lining to an evening of lost potential. I got to spend some time with my husband, just the two of us. Even when Ben didn't have a screwy job, that didn't happen very often at all. The price we pay for the cuteness that is William and one we're very willing to pay. So, though it may not have been the romantic evening of dreams, it was still enough to make me very happy. I have an AWESOME husband, and I'll take time with him all to myself when ever I can get it.

No comments: