Wednesday, November 5, 2008

SP Day 25

Tonight, for a moment, my husband and I switched roles. Usually, when Ben is around, if William is in trouble, it's Ben who scolds him and takes care of any necessary punishment. William then runs to me, throws himself into my lap and says "mo-ma-a-a" in the most pathetic voice possible.

Well, it just so happened tonight that I was the one who found him, sitting in his high chair (that he had climbed into) having drank an entire cup of juice. However, instead of swallowing it, he had let all of it dribble out of his mouth, down his chin, down his shirt, down his pants... you get the idea.

Needless to say, I was displeased. I pulled him out of the high chair, started ripping clothes off of him and telling him that he had done something wrong, very very wrong. So, this time, after momma chewed him out, he got to run and fling himself in daddy's lap and daddy got to be the hero, the saver of William.

It made me smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing I wasn't there. Part of me would have wanted to help you, and part of me would have wanted to rescue William.
Maybe I can get you to fuss at him Saturday, and I can be the saver of William.
Linda

Anonymous said...

Funny story! I love doing that to my sister. She tells the kids no and then I take them around the corner and give them whatever they want. heehee Being an Aunt is the best!
Lisa