Thursday, November 6, 2008

SP Day 26

There is something deeply gratifying about cooking a meal that is enjoyed by others. Mom and I split dinner duty on nights that Ben works. Last night and tonight were my nights for this week. Last night was a quick and easy chicken/stovetop stuffing dish that was a recipe on the back of the box. It was good and everyone liked it.

However tonight, I did breakfast for dinner and we had a casserole made of frozen hashbrowns, bacon, eggs, milk and cheese. It was really easy to make and it got RAVE reviews. Everyone* really loved it and I got lots and lots of compliments. It just feels good to make other people happy and judging from the general shape (being round) of my family, good food makes us happy.

*Unfortunately tonight, everyone did not include my husband. Having never made this particular dish before, it took longer to cook than I expected. He got leftover "Chicken Express" before dashing out the door to work. Good news is, even after my dad requested that enough leftovers be kept for him to have breakfast in the morning, there is plenty of it waiting in the fridge for Ben when he gets home. Enjoy honey!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy! Breakfast for dinner is the best. My favorite... pancakes. :-)
Lisa