Thursday, November 13, 2008

SP Day 33

Turkey and dressing for lunch. Mmm. Mmm. Mmm.

Today is the second day in a row that I've over indulged for lunch. While this is not something I'm proud of, boy was it worth it today. Once a year, the school cafeteria makes turkey and gravy with dressing, mashed potatoes, rolls, green beans, cranberry sauce, and your choice of pecan or pumpkin pie and, oh-my-goodness, it is soo tasty. I ate every single bite of what those lovely women put on my plate. (Well, I did restrict myself to only 1/2 a slice of pecan pie.)

You know it's good when you open the refrigerator in the teacher's lounge and it is stacked a mile high with boxes of cafeteria take home. Believe me, that doesn't happen very often. One teacher even went and got a tray for her co-worker who was absent today and put it in the fridge for her to have tomorrow.

I paid for it dearly in calories, but I wouldn't change it for the world. Thank you cafeteria ladies. Can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comment:

~the ten of us~ said...

What a treat :o)
Will totally have to take your word for it ... our school never had anything yummy.