Sunday, November 30, 2008

SP Day 49

Today is one of those days where I feel like I'm really having to stretch to find something to blog about. There was one particular stand out event today but it was not at all positive so I'll save it for the end of my post.

Mom and William and I made it to church today. That was great. It's something that I should do much more often. I dread it though because my pastor does not believe in having child care during the church service so I don't like going by myself with William. He can get pretty out of hand if he's being asked to sit still and be quiet. Mom doesn't make it very often because she often over does things on Saturday and doesn't feel well enough to get up and go to church on Sunday. So, two of the three Stennetts made it to church today.

Our one stand out event of the day today: Slightly more than 48 hours after Blackee came to live with the Gaston family, Blackee left this life. Poor thing just got worse and worse from the time we brought her home. Mom called the vet today and he agreed to meet her at the clinic on his day off. She said the moment she laid kitty on the table, she took three breaths and died. The vet speculates that she just had too much done at once being spayed, vaccinated, wormed, and re-homed in 3 days time. His diagnosis was liver failure.

When I told William tonight that Blackee had died he fussed and put his head on my shoulder and said "Maw Maw, Pa Paw". I think he was worried that his grandparents were sad. It was really sweet but made me tear up at the same time.

Last but not least, back to work tomorrow. Yuck.

Many thanks for reading my somewhat pointless and completley rambling post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Blackee. Anyone who has lost a pet knows how hard it is, and how much harder it is to explain to a little one. William is lucky to have you help him.
Linda

snarflemarfle said...

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear that about Blackee!